Hello Everyone, Sometimes,we need to hide some important or private files in our PC. There are a lot of ways for doing it,but in this tutorial I am going to explain a specific method for hiding files known as Steganography. So,
What is Steganography?
In simple words,Steganography is an art of hiding files in such a manner that no one can doubt whether a file is hidden anywhere. In this method any file can be hid behind an image without affecting its quality.
What are the Requirements?
For hiding a file behind an image you need a file compressor tool like winrar,winzip etc.
How to Hide Files?
To hide files behind an image just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Create a new folder in your desired directory/place(say desktop) and name it as per your wish (say TBC).
- Now copy all the files,which you want to hide and the image behind which you are going to hide these files; to this folder TBC.
- Now select the files to be hid and add them to archive (I prefer winrar).
- Now you can see a rar file named TBC.
- Now go to the command prompt (cmd.exe).
- Go to the directory of the folder created in step 1.
- Now enter the following command :
Copy /b imagename.jpg + TBC.rar output.jpg
- Here :
imagename.jpg→Name of the image behind which,the files are going to be hide.
output.jpg→Name of the output image with hidden files
- You are done. Now those files are hidden behind the image named output.jpg
- You can delete rest of the files besides output.jpg
Note : To view the hidden files again,you need to open the image with winrar.